Free School Meals & Clothing Grants
On Monday 21st May, a new online form will be launched to allow parents to apply for Free School Meals and Clothing Grants online through the Highland Council website. This can be accessed
- Customers will require to sign up to myaccount to complete this form.
- Paper forms are also available on the website, or by contacting the operations team on 01463 703645.
- Queries and enquiries should be directed to operations team on 01463 703645.
What does this mean for parents?
The online forms will gather information regarding the family circumstances and any personal details required for assessing their entitlement to free school meals and clothing grants. Evidence can also be scanned or photographed, and uploaded where it is required.
In order to authenticate the customer they will be required to create a customer account to access the form. Once the customer account has been created this will give the customer access to a wide range of benefits for future transactions with the Council including;
- Single sign on for all council services
- Save forms for completion later
- Automatically populate forms with your details
- Track the progress of requests
- Avoid having to re-register with local public sector services when you move to a new part of Scotland
- Trusted access to council services that require evidence of identity.
Specific benefits for customers regarding the free school meals and clothing grants forms are:
- Intuitive design guides customers to complete
- Ability to upload evidence
- Immediate acknowledgement of form receipt
- Potentially quicker processing time
- Evidence requirement reduced for future applications
- Forms available on smartphones and tablets
We are also reducing the need for parents to reapply for free school meals and clothing grants every year. If families receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit
And if parents/carers currently receive housing benefit or council tax reduction, parents/carers will not need to reapply each year. The council is notified when these benefits change and the entitlement to free school meals and clothing grants will automatically be reassessed. If the only entitlement that a family receives is free school meals or clothing grants, or if they only receive income related DWP benefits, the family will continue to need to apply for this each year.